About the P&T Competition
- The P&T Competition is a team event. The ideal team has four members in different years of the pharmacy curriculum.
- The P&T Competition is designed to provide an immersive experience in the skills necessary for effective formulary review and management. Members of P&T Competition teams work together on assignments that include (1) a written evaluation of the drug under study, including recommendations for formulary placement and (2) an oral summary presentation supported by PowerPoint slides.
- Each School or College of Pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) may enter only one team into the national competition semi-final round. If more than one team is interested in competing, a local competition to determine a single winning team.
- During the national competition semi-final round, national judges appointed by the AMCP Foundation evaluate and score the assignments submitted by local winning teams. The top-scoring teams advance to the final round of competition, culminating in live presentations at the AMCP Annual Meeting. The first, second, and third place teams are announced during a special event at the meeting.
- Through the generosity of the P&T Competition funding partners, the AMCP Foundation may extend honoraria to each national finalist team and/or the winning teams.
Questions? Contact us.