Looking for a Crystal Ball? Trends and Disruptors in Health Care
2018 Research Symposium
Among the certainties in health care is the constant pace of change and its intensity. At this Research Symposium, presenters reviewed numerous factors that have the potential for disruption of health care services, and implications of stakeholder inaction. A keynote on “The Changing Health Care Landscape – Realizing Comprehensive, Multidisciplinary, and Integrated Health” was delivered by Dr. Reed V. Tuckson. Additional presentations discussed innovations in health care from physician, patient, health plan and employer perspectives.
New findings on health care trends were presented, building upon the AMCP Foundation’s legacy of research about influences on the practice of pharmacy. Six trends and two global influencers were examined: affordability and value; innovative and curative therapies; optimal health coverage; industry consolidation; population health management; expedited drug approval; social determinants of health; and technology.
Thank you to our supporters:
- Trends in Health Care Research and Symposium Funding Partner Pfizer, Inc.
- Symposium Funding Partners Genentech and Merck
- Research Partner Xcenda
- Symposium Summary Webinar Dec. 5, 2018
- Executive Summary of Symposium Report to be posted January. 2019
- Symposium Summary Report
- New Research Findings from AMCP Foundation: Anticipating Disruptors in Health Care Trends
- Managed Care Pharmacy: Preparing for the Future
- The Practice of Pharmacy in the Future
- Physicians: Is Cancer Treatment a Stalking Horse for the Future of Health Care
- Patients: The Future of Person-Centered Care
- Employers: Employers, Benefit Creativity, and Disruptive Factors
- Press Release
- Final Program